Friday, January 30, 2009

Mi-Del's All Natural Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps

Brand: Mi-Del
~ Other reviews of this brand!
~ This item is in A&Z's Store!

Product Name: All Natural Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps

Location Purchased: King Soopers

Cost: $3.79 for 8 oz bag

Total From A to Z: 3.5 Stars

A's Review: * * *
I hold cookies almost in as high regard as cinnamon rolls. That being said, I really love ginger snaps. I didn't like these when I first put it in my mouth. The texture is...different. The flavor is...different. Yet somehow, they are still good. After my first one, I passed one to Z while saying I didn't like them. Her initial reaction was the same. But then something happened. With a big glass of ice cold milk, the flavor is quite nice. The crunch is good, since conventional ginger snaps are crunchy anyway. Without the milk, I don't know. But with the proper accompaniment, they are not half bad.

Z's Review: * * * *
Right off the bat I have to admit that I am not really a ginger snap kind of girl. Ginger has never been a favorite flavor of mine. But, strangely, these cookies kind of grew on me. The first one I ate I thought was way too gingery, and I didn't really like it. But for some reason I still ate another one. And then another. And then another. The crunch and texture of them was really satisfying. And even though I'm not the hugest fan of ginger, there was something about them that I really liked. They tasted even better with milk and would probably go really well with vanilla ice cream or even frosting. I think a gluten-free person who actually liked ginger would probably give these cookies 5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!