Friday, January 30, 2009

Amy's Rice Mac & Cheese

Brand: Amy's
~ Other reviews of this brand!

Product Name: Rice Mac & Cheese

Location Purchased: King Soopers

Cost: $2.99 for 9 oz frozen mac & cheese


Total From A to Z:
5 Stars

A's Review: * * * * *
The highest achievement for any gluten-free food is for it to be indistinguishable from its gluten-y equivalent. This mac and cheese is about as close to that as I've had since we started this adventure. You can hand this to anyone and they won't know anything is different about it unless they are a foodie or if they really, really love mac and cheese. So very tasty.

Z's Review: * * * * *
I love love love this mac & cheese. I've become totally obsessed with eating it for lunch on cold winter days because it's so warm and tasty and homey. And it isn't mushy like some of the other gluten-free pastas I have tried. And the cheese sauce is delicious! My only complaint is that the directions on the package for heating seem to be a little bit of overkill, at least in my microwave. The directions say to nuke for 4 minutes, stir, and then nuke for 2 or 3 more, but I think about another minute does the trick. And I should know because I've eaten a metric ton of this stuff since I became gluten-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!