Tuesday, May 12, 2009

RECIPE: GFE's Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Source: GFE - Gluten Free Easily


Recipe Review by Z: I was intrigued by this recipe when I saw it on GFE because there's no flour in it at all! In fact, the whole recipe has only five ingredients! For peanut butter I used Arrowhead Mills' Organic Crunchy Valencia Peanut Butter, which is labeled as gluten-free. The recipe was pretty simple to put together and quick to make.

Total From A to Z: 5 Stars

A's Review: * * * * *
OK, someone tell me how peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla can manage to not be awesome? These taste great!

Z's Review: * * * * *
I have to admit: when I originally read this recipe on GFE I was pretty skeptical about it. I didn't see how so few ingredients could be combined and baked into a cookie with the right consistency. But it worked and these cookies were delicious. By following GFE's instructions (especially including the part about leaving the cookies on the cookie tray after removing them from the oven) I was rewarded with perfect and gluten-free peanut butter cookies!! The peanut butter flavor really comes through, too. The second batch with chocolate chips was also amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, you guys!--Glad you gave the recipe a try and were really pleased with the outcome. Isnt't it amazing how different the cookies taste when chocolate chips are added? And, if you make them again, try creamy peanut butter and they'll have yet another flavor and texture. All good, of course! ;-) One friend says that they taste even more like "regular" cookies the next day when they harden a bit. I'm really amazed the recipe worked so well with the organic peanut butter. I didn't know it if would contain enough fat. Good to know! Thanks so much for your review! :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!