Monday, May 11, 2009

RECIPE: GFE's Baked Potato Soup

Source: GFE - Gluten Free Easily

Original Recipe: Baked Potato Soup

Recipe Review by Z: This recipe comes from a gluten-free blog that I love: Gluten Free Easily. GFE focuses on how eating gluten-free can be easy by focusing on "real" foods. I chose this recipe because of its simplicity and because it looked like it would make a good, hearty soup! It was really simple to make. For GF flour, I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. I also added quite a bit of black pepper. I served the soup with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon on top. Next time I think I'll add some chives for a little extra crunch and color!

Total From A to Z: 4 Stars

A's Review: * * * *
Thick and very satisfying. A hearty meal, rich and wonderful. It could have been a little bit thinner, but it was not bad at all. Good with usual baked potato toppings or just by itself.

Z's Review: * * * *
This was a really hearty baked potato soup and it was ridiculously easy to make! It uses ingredients that you might have around your house already and it doesn't take much tending. And one bowl of this soup - with a little bit of shredded cheese and crumbled bacon - was more than enough to fill me up for dinner! My only complaint was that it might have turned out a tiny bit too thick. The leftovers in my fridge look more like mashed potatoes than soup! Maybe I need to make an altitude adjustment and add a little bit more chicken broth next time? But this soup was so yummy that I'm certain there will be a next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi again, A and Z--Thanks for the review and the very kind words about gfe!! I like the thickness of this soup the first night, but sometimes have added a little broth or milk the second night. Not always though. Even though it looks really thick, sometimes just heating it up makes it the right consistency for me. I use my homemade gf flour mix of Asian white rice flour and cornstarch. Although the recipe doesn't call for much flour, I think that flour mix is a little finer than Bob's all-purpose gf flour, so that might a bit of a difference, too, in the thickness. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! This soup is really nice on a cold winter day. :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!