Friday, June 5, 2009

Ancient Harvest's Veggie Curls Pasta

Brand: Ancient Harvest
~ Other reviews of this brand!
~ This item is in A&Z's Store!

Product Name: Veggie Curls Pasta

Location/Cost Info: Ancient Harvest's website



Total From A to Z: 5 Stars

A's Review: * * * * *
This pasta rocked my world. I never knew that pasta could be so flavorful. This puts wheat flour pasta to shame. Quinoa is my new favorite grain and definitely my new favorite pasta. Plus Z's improvised saucea were excellent too.

Z's Review: * * * * *
Right on the box it says "You'll never go back to plain noodles again!" and I think they might be right! This pasta was delicious. It had, by far, the best consistency of any gluten-free pasta I have tried up to this point (except maybe the fresh fettuccine served at Laudisio). This pasta is made of organic quinoa combined with natural, non-GMO corn flour. It turns the water yellow when you cook it, but that is normal. You end up with fun, multi-colored pasta squiggles that kids would probably love and that taste great and are very nutritious! Somehow both time I've served this pasta I didn't have any ordinary pasta sauce in the house - so I had to improvise! The first time I served this pasta with zuchinni and yellow grape tomatos in a spicy cream sauce (that I threw together with half-and-half leftover from the quiche, a little bit of cornstarch, and some red pepper flakes.) The second time I used buffalo, crushed tomatos, and some leftover bruschetta for a sauce. Even without regular sauce this pasta was great! We will be eating this pasta again for sure!


1 comment:

  1. We got feedback from Ancient Harvest! Here is what they said:

    Thank you…nice review of our Veggie Curls.

    Linda Makowski

    Quinoa Corporation

    310-217-8125 Tel

    310-217-8140 Fax

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!