Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Arrowhead Mills' Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix

Brand: Arrowhead Mills
~ Other reviews of this brand!
~ This item is in A&Z's Store!

Product Name: Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix

Location/Cost Info: Arrowhead Mills' website


Note: This product was part of Z's Blind Pancake Taste Test! See the Results!


Total From A to Z: 2.5 Stars

A's Review: * * *
My first thought when biting into one these pancakes was of cookies...snickerdoodles to be exact. There was a very strong flavor of cinnamon. Strange and not very good as pancakes but they might be better if the batter was re-tasked as cookie dough.

Z's Review: * *
This mix made a pretty thick batter and these pancakes didn't really brown on the griddle. The pancakes had a sweet, almost cookie flavor, which I actually enjoyed. However, the downfall of these pancakes was the texture. It was extremely grainy - almost like chewing sand. I would have liked these pancakes more, because the flavor was actually good, but I just couldn't get past the grainy texture.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I like neither too sweet nor too grainy. I'll steer clear. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem! I used the Arrowhead Mills baking blend for a quick bread I was making. It turned out so grainy and crumbly. It wasn't dry, but it had a sandy texture. It also turned rancid very quickly! I don't recommend it either!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!