Friday, February 27, 2009

RESTAURANT: P.F. Chang's China Bistro


A & Z at P.F. Chang's


Restaurant: P. F. Chang's China Bistro

Locations: National chain

Locations We've Visited:
Broomfield - 1 West Flatiron Circle - (720) 887-6200

Gluten-Free Options
: Separate gluten-free menu featuring appetizers, entrees, and even dessert! When you request the gluten-free menu, they'll even bring gluten-free soy sauce to your table. Gluten-free beer is available too!

Total From A to Z: 5 Stars

A's Review: * * * * *
This is another restaurant that knows gluten-free and does it right. Many of the dishes are already gluten-free, or can be made gluten-free just by changing the soy sauce. I've tried two dishes from the gluten-free menu and they have both been wonderful. Dali Chicken is described on the gluten-free menu as chicken with golden potatoes, but on the regular menu it is known as the hottest dish they serve! I still would have ordered it though. Most recently I had Philip's Better Lemon Chicken, which was bright and full of citrus. Both were wonderful and the servers have been very helpful and considerate.

Z's Review: * * * * *
When you're gluten-free, anything remotely resembling Asian cuisine can be tricky due to the fact that most soy sauce has wheat in it. That's where P.F. Chang's comes in with their gluten-free menu! I've had the Cantonese Scallops with garlic and snow peas, Moo Goo Gai Pan, and even the gluten-free version of P.F. Chang's famous Lettuce Wraps. I have to admit that I remember the regular lettuce wraps being tastier with gluten, but it's still really nice to have the option to order them. And it's also really great to have gluten-free soy sauce brought to the table. My only complaint about the gluten-free menu is that there's no beef on it (maybe all their beef is pre-marinated?) so the meat options are only chicken and seafood. But this is remedied by their amazing flourless chocolate dome with fresh berries and raspberry sauce! It's small but oh so satisfying if you are craving a gluten-free dessert!

3 comments:

  1. Another reason to love PF Chang's! I love that they post their nutrition information online so, technically, I could be good and look up my options before I go. Instead, I'd rather indulge, but still, it's nice knowing they care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PF Chang's!! Mike took me there the night he proposed :). I also LOVE that flourless chocolate they do. Do you think that if I did a gluten-free diet I could just eat that dessert for every meal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. That picture of you is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!