Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ohsawa's Organic Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce

Brand: Ohsawa
~ Other reviews of this brand!

Product Name: Organic Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce

Location Purchased: Whole Foods

Cost: $20.00 for 32 oz


Total From A to Z: 4.5 Stars

A's Review: * * * *
The taste of this soy sauce is different from glutenous soy sauce, but I am not familiar enough to say exactly how. Compared to San-J's Tamari, Ohsawa's flavor is more bold, with the sauce actually seeming to be thicker. It sticks to food better and definitely adds more to the experience. Not better or worse than conventional soy sauce, just different.

Z's Review: * * * * *
This tamari sauce has a thicker consistency than regular soy sauce, but I sort of like the difference. It makes this sauce good for putting directly on meat or vegetables - it is thick enough to give them some flavor. I've been eating tamari so many months that I don't really remember what regular soy sauce tastes like. I know that this tastes different, but I think it tastes different in a good way. I think it's more flavorful than regular soy sauce and I really enjoy it. Honestly, if I had known before I started eating gluten-free that regular soy sauce was so thinned with wheat, I might have chosen tamari just for the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!