Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pamela's Products' Chocolate Brownie Mix

Brand: Pamela's Products
~ Other reviews of this brand!
~ This item is in A&Z's Store!

Product Name: Chocolate Brownie Mix

Location/Cost Info: Pamela's website



Note: This product was part of Z's Blind Brownie Taste Test!
See the results!


Total From A to Z: 3 Stars

A's Review: * * *
The chocolate chips were a nice addition, but that was about the only good thing. The texture was weird. I don't know what was in this mix, but it wasn't right.

Z's Review: * * *
This mix made an 8x8 pan of brownies. In my experience, gluten-free baked goods can get really hard really fast if you over-bake them, so I was pretty worried about overdoing these brownies! That being said, I did give these brownies four extra baking minutes (for a total of 22 minutes) and I probably still could have left them a few more minutes. Gluten-free baked goods also don’t rise as high as regular baked goods, so these brownies came out kind of flat looking – almost like someone had sat on them! However, I think these brownies held their shape and were the least crumbly of the other brownie mixes I have tried. As for the taste, this mix came with chocolate chips, which I think make a nice addition to any brownie treat. However, I also thought these brownies had a sort of weird, fruity flavor – like they were not all together chocolaty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!