Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Woodchuck's Raspberry Cider

Brand: Woodchuck
~ Other reviews of this brand!

Product Name: Raspberry Cider

Location Purchased: Liquor Mart (a local Boulder liquor store)

Cost: $6.99 for six pack


Total From A to Z: 4 Stars

A's Review: * * * *
The raspberry cider sits between the pear cider and the granny smith cider on the Woodchuck sweetness scale. Sweeter than I would prefer generally, but I think this could be awesome when paired with the right food.

Z's Review: * * * *
Since being gluten-free eliminates most types of beers, cider can be an awesome alternative drink. This raspberry cider has a crisp berry flavor. I feel like it got sweeter as I drank it, though I don't think it was ever too sweet. Of all the Woodchuck ciders we have tried, I think this one would be my second favorite (with pear as my favorite.)

On a weird side note: I really used to love raspberry wheat beer, which I can obviously no longer drink. I am actually thinking about mixing this cider with a gluten-free beer to see if I can get something similar to the raspberry wheat beer taste. If I come up with a good recipe, I'll let you know!! If it turns out really gross, I guess I'll keep it to myself!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds obscenely good. I wonder if I can find some near me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask your local liquor store if they carry any cider. Woodchuck is a pretty big cider brand, so if they have cider it's probably Woodchuck.

    Also, don't you live in NYC? I'm pretty sure you can get absolutely anything there! ~;o)

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!