Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amy's Spinach Pizza - Rice Crust

Brand: Amy's
~ Other reviews of this brand!
~ This item is in A&Z's Store!

Product Name: Spinach Pizza - Rice Crust

Location Purchased: King Soopers

Cost: $7.99 for 10-inch frozen pizza

A to Z Review:
2.5 Stars

A's Review: * *
As with many GF breads, the crust is crunchy and cracker-like, which for pizza is quite good. My main complaint about this pizza, which was otherwise quite good, was the use of not nearly enough soy cheese instead of real dairy cheese. The crust, sauce, and other toppings were all great, but that was basically all I could taste. I am no fan of imitation cheese, but I've had worse than what was used on this pizza and there should have been a lot more. If the genuine pizza experience is what the crew at Amy's is going for, then this should be covered in cheese so it is hard to see what else is on there. As it was, it was difficult to tell there was much on there besides sauce and spinach.

Z's Review: * * *
When I purchased this pizza I was so delighted to see that it was gluten-free that I totally neglected to notice that it was also dairy free. This meant that it had some kind of soy cheese on it. I wasn't a huge fan of the taste of the soy cheese, and, in any event, there wasn't enough of it! The crust and the sauce was fairly tasty, but there was so little "cheese" that it hardly reminded me of a pizza at all. It might be possible to fix this problem by adding some of your own cheese on top while you bake it, but out of the box I didn't really think this was a finished product. Unless, of course, you are gluten-free and lactose intolerant, in which case this is the pizza for you!

1 comment:

  1. I buy Amy's products a lot and for some reason they are either REALLY good or really really bad. I like their burritos. I wonder if there is a gluten free one?

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your opinion? Got a question? Please post a comment and we will get back to you as soon as we can!